Sunday, 26 September 2010
• 2 large shallots, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves
• 2 lemon grass sticks, tough outer layers removed, insides roughly chopped
• 10g mint. chopped
• 10g coriander. chopped
• 15g tsp cornflour
• 500 g essential Waitrose Pork mince
• 3 tbsp fish sauce • 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 120g fine egg noodles. cooked
• 2 heads pok choi, steamed
Put the shallots. garlic and lemon grass in a food processor and whiz until very finely chopped_ Add the mint coriander. cornflour. pork. fish sauce and some seasoning and pulse until well combined. 2 Shape into 20 bolls - wet your hands to stop the mixture sticking
3 cook the meat balls in a large non sticking pan until just cooked through. Spoon over the sweet chilli sauce and cook another minute on each side, until lightly coramelised.
4 Serve with the noodles and pok choi with on extra drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.